2.05.2009

Mapquest fails...again.

Ok so I've had a few instances where Mapquest has been wrong...horribly, make me late by 2 hours, wrong. But...I think this takes the cake...

So, my brother is in the military (the Kitsap Naval base, to be exact) and his wife is severly pregnant. lol...Ok, that's funny.
Anywhoo...she went in to labor last night so I'm planning on going over there after work today to see the new baby (hopefully I'll be there while he's being born!). Now...here's the fun part-I don't know where the Naval hospital is-so I'll just get directions off the internet! (crazy! I know!).
Here's what I got on my first try. Something seems wrong. Isn't that in the middle of a lake? Now, I know the military boasts the 'by land or by sea' crap in their advertisements to get young recruits but...seriously? What? Did they put the Navy hospital on a aircraft carrier in the middle of a man-made lake just for giggles?

That can't be right.
So...I try it again and click a different link. This time...Google maps.

Ok...that seems more like it. *taking wetsuit and flippers out of car trunk*. Funny because I used to live over there and I'm not even sure where the 'Kitsap Lake' is... Maybe Mapquest's way of saying 'fuck, I don't know...just go here, then ask someone when you get close'.

Wish me luck!

No comments: