2.09.2009

My thoughts on him being 'just not that into you'

Went to see the new movie 'He's just not that into you' this weekend with my gf's and I just gotta say...wow. If you've ever been on a roller coaster or been in a bad relationship, you'll know the feeling I had as I left the theater. It was like being in an off and on relationship for 3 years only to fall out of it feeling totally fucked in the head and not understanding why you still want to go back for more.

Now, if you didn't know-this movie is based on a book titled the same as the movie and authored by Greg Berhrendt (not to be confused with the schmuck you've seen on TV, Greg Behrendt).

But seriously, I didn't know what to think as I left the theater. During the movie, I went through the motions of 'Guys suck! I definitely don't want to deal with that ever again!' to 'Awww, I really want that-maybe they're just confused. Am I the exception?'.

Ok, I'll explain.
The movie is about the fact that there are no exceptions to the 'rule'. The rule being-that guys DO exactly as they FEEL and that they don't want to hurt us. Unfortunately guys are too scared to ever directly tell a woman, 'You're not the one.' But their actions show exactly how they feel. If he doesn't want you, he won't be there...there are no exceptions....usually.

Yeah, I said 'usually'. And that's where I get ticked. Oh yes, I've been the 'exception to the rule' but only for a moment. I guess I feel good about knowing (now) the difference between my FWB's, my friends and my exes. It's VERY clear...no exceptions.

FWB's are guys you sleep with on a random basis-this could be an ex-boyfriend or just a 'friend'. But these guys are people you definitely DON'T want a relationship with. "all pressure's off and we're having a great time (sleeping - or not) together."

Friends are just friends. You've never slept with these guys (and don't see it EVER happening). But...be very aware that he feels the same way...otherwise, it's just complicated and you don't want complicated. "Personally, when I'm picking friends, I like the ones who don't make me cry myself to sleep."

Exes are just that..exes. For some reason or another they are not still in your life. Keep it that way. "Don't give him the chance to reject you again."

But I digress...mostly I'm just confused that I paid money to see this movie and felt like I got hit by a truck afterwards.

Oh and...I know I'm being biased against men but...I really don't have any experience in fucking with the heads of women. And this is my blog...so there. :P

But in reality, I love men. LOVE them. I wish I could have more than one...but at this point-I'm having trouble finding the one that:

A.) Doesn't just want to fuck me.
and
B.) Doesn't just want to talk to me.

Enough said.

From the book:
"It's very tempting when you really want to be with someone to settle for much, much less -- even a vague pathetic facsimile of less -- than you would have ever imagined. Remember always what you set out to get and please don't settle for less. These guys exist because there are a lot of women out there who allow them to."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I guess the movie was not very encouraging? Did you learn something from it, though?

Seattle Freeze said...

I guess I didn't learn anything new:
No married guys.
If they cheat-they will always cheat.
If they wanted to be there...they would be there.
Let them miss you.

But...even with their confusing 'man-speak', I still love it when their shirts are off. ;)

Anonymous said...

That is true, as long as whats under their shirt is chiseled

Seattle Freeze said...

This is a nice fantasy-land...thank you for inviting me. ;)