2.13.2009

Workplace etiquette

I'm going to rant for a minute here because I've been letting this go for almost a year now...

There is a female coworker of mine that is completely oblivious to any sort of workplace etiquette. Granted there are 4 females who use the kitchenette and bathroom in the upstairs office but I've been here long enough to understand who the culprit is. Here are a few things I run across on a DAILY basis:

-Finding cabinet doors/drawers and microwave door open after using the kitchenette. (I have closed up to 3 doors/drawers after using it after her.) This is a DAILY occurrence.
-Using all the paper towels in the kitchenette and not replacing them. It's not hard-they sit on the counter. I could possibly understand the complications of a 'device' to open and put them in but...they sit.on.the.counter. Enough said.
-Throwing boxes and garbage on the floor in the kitchenette. Ok, so you'd think that if you dropped a piece of cellophane or box scrap from your instant meal, that you'd pick it up and toss it in the trash, right? She doesn't. She leaves it there and, eventually, I do.
-Throwing paper towels on the floor in the bathroom after drying hands. There's even a sign on the mirror that I had our admin put up a year ago that says "Did you miss? Please pick up your trash and put it in the wastebasket." Maybe she can't see the 8"X11" florescent pink paper in the middle of the mirror.
-Not restocking the paper towels in the bathroom. Ditto from above.

Now this one really 'grinds my gears'...
-NOT PUTTING A NEW ROLL OF TOILET PAPER ON THE LITTLE HANGER-THINGY! Sorry I'm not using technical terms here but...are you kidding? I do it ALL the time!!!! Probably 2 times a week and almost always after she's been in there. It's not that hard...I promise. I've been doing it for decades now. If my 9 year old can do it, so can YOU! The toilet paper is even IN the bathroom!

This girl is in her mid 20's...how, just how does she get along at home without doing these sorts of things? Must drive her roommate crazy!

If I have to sit all day long and listen to your stupid, mainstream hip hop crap-the least you could do is clean up after yourself.

*turning up music*
Promiscuous girrrllll!!

Wait...wrong station. Damn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can tell you what her apt/house looks like. You know those people that hord things like newspapers and garbage? Where there is only a tiny path to get by? That's her place. Or whoever she lives with just cleans up after her. I would have to shoot her. That is one of my many pet peeves, people to selfish to give a crap about anything around them. Look, now I'm ranting. Just slap on the back of the head and tell her to snap out of it!

Good luck with your sanity...

Seattle Freeze said...

Yep-I GUARANTEE her roommate and bf clean up after her.

Can I just punch her in the face instead?