4.15.2009

Archbishop's views on condoms...made me hot.

Is that wrong? Or is it because I'm at my 'peak' and am almost constantly 'excitable' that the following statement by the incoming (*snicker*) Archbishop of Westminster, The Most Rev Vincent Nichols, touched me:
"Existing condom advertisements "demean" young people by promoting "drunken fuckery" and "casual anal sex on the street corner."
and...
"At the end of most modern-day sexual encounters, the man will finish by removing the condom and ejaculating over his lover’s face, buttocks or breasts… There is little point in even using a condom anymore, and it is no longer compatible with contemporary sexual practices."
Now, while I have limited experience with 'drunken fuckery on street corners' (limited, as in...none at all), I do have to say that this guy knows a lot more about sexual practices than I would like to admit.

But I guess my point it, WTF is he thinking? And what, exactly, is the other option if condoms aren't 'suitable' for 21st century sex? They've worked at a 100% level for me for the past 10 years. Should I be standing up as proof that they work as advertised? STD free and baby-free (no babies in 10 years=awesome!) should be good PR, right?

Read on for more info on his somewhat biased views of sex in the 21st century.

More.

2 comments:

MGD said...

I just like the words "'drunken fuckery" in a sentence.. I'm going to have to start using that one.

Seattle Freeze said...

Mmm...I kinda like drunken fuckery, itself...although have yet to try out any street corners. Something tells me I'm not missing much...