4.29.2009

Regrets

A friend of mine was prodding me as to why I haven't blogged much lately and I told her I didn't have any inspiration to bitch much in the recent past. She shot back an idea that I thought I'd run with...Regrets.

I'd like to make this somewhat interactive though. I want to know what other people regret too. What decisions or lack of decisions have you made (or not made) that you regret? What would you do differently? And, lastly, how are you going to go about rectifying the situations?

My regrets:
1. 4 whole years (but not the outcome).
2. Not finishing college the first time around.
3. Wasting too much time on friendships that aren't truly friendships and giving too much but getting too little in certain relationships.
4. 3 sexual encounters (done willingly, albeit probably drunkenly).
5. Not speaking up about how I felt or what was on my mind.
6. Buying a Plymouth Neon. (don't ask)
7. Not talking to my mom as much as I should.

But what about what you DON'T regret...that people would think that you did.

1. Having my daughter as a single mother.
2. Moving to New Mexico.
3. Cutting my hair short and dying it to my 'natural' color.
4. Not getting a tattoo.
5. Going to the grocery store in my pajamas (seriously...who cares?).
6. Eating carbs (pasta...yum!).
7. Blogging. ;)

Now you...spill...

6 comments:

liverfire said...

1. My biggest one is not being there for Kim soon enough. Not being assertive enough about her care... There's more to it but I won't go in to it . There's no way to rectify that one, it's just something I have to live with.
2. High school of course. I wish I could have been more like I am now. If I could do it again I would bitch slap a few people and I would certainly have dyed my hair... I wouldn't have taken the shit I did, for sure.
3. Wasting too much time on friendships that aren't truly friendships and giving too much but getting too little in certain relationships.
4. sexual encounters (done willingly, albeit probably drunkenly).
5. Not speaking up about how I felt or what was on my mind.
6. I just regret not being smarter back even when I was a kid. But what can you do about that now?
All I can say about rectifying my mistakes and regrets is, well, to learn from them and not do them again.
What can you do to rectify yours Miss Freeze?

MGD said...

Hold up, you put a Plymouth on the regret list but not a Mitsubishi? I kind of regret not bitch slapping you when I had the chance… : )… kidding…. Sort of…

Seattle Freeze said...

CM-I heart my Mitsu!!!!! You STFU!

But...if you're willing to front me the 36 G's to buy the 2010 Lincoln MKZ, I'd be willing to change that. ;)

(By 'front', I mean...give). :P

Seattle Freeze said...

Liverfire-I shoulda known you'd catch on that I didn't actually list how I have attempted to change my 'regrets' (you know me too well).

Well you know I tend to try to look really hard finding the best in people so I still probably spend too much time with friendships/relationships that don't 'add to' my own life but...I'm working on it. :)
And, since they don't make Plymouth anymore-I'm fairly safe there.
No promises about the drunken sexual encounters...although-I'm also working on that being monogamous. ;)
School? Ugh...if I knew what I actually wanted to be when I grow up, it would be easier. :P
My mom-now that she has a cell phone, it's easier. :D

plaidr said...

Here ya go SF...

http://jadedmusing.blogspot.com/2009/05/regretsok.html

:)

Seattle Freeze said...

Nice plaidr. Although...I'm surprised that one of your regrets wasn't moving to the "Land of Entrapment". :P
Luckily for me, I was able to escape (the state...specifically)...hopefully you will too. ;)