5.06.2009

My Media Player V

So, maybe you can tell by now that much of my musical inspirations come from the TV show 'One Tree Hill'-it's the only TV 'drama' that I regularly watch...and probably because of the music (but mostly for Chad Michael Murray and James Lafferty).
Ok...the actresses are alright too...

But...anyway, this week's Media Player submissions aren't exceptions to the rule and the first 2 albums I'm suggesting you check out are because of this show...

Carolina Liar - Coming to Terms
Website. Matthew Perryman Jones - Swallow the Sea
Myspace. Seether - Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces
Website.
My brother has had a lot of influence on me when it comes to music (except Green Day, I hate Green Day)...I remember him blasting a Seether CD in the truck one day (several years back) and I was hooked. And...for fun, I'll quiz you here: the 4th song on the album is titled 'FMLYHM'-what does it stand for? Kinda hardcore... ;)

11 comments:

plaidr said...

Yea, I cheated...

Fuck me like you hate me.

Pretty classy!

Seattle Freeze said...

Yeah, I agree...
I was listening to it at work recently (you know, in the background) and then suddenly I tuned into the words...let's just say I had to turn the volume down-quickly. ;)

liverfire said...

First of all, I didn't realize I liked Seether until I saw them in concert, they are actually pretty cool. And second, One Tree Hill, WTF? My respect for you has gone down a bit cuz of that non sense. My guys from Supernatural are way better, especially Jenson Ackles. Geez, get with it!

Seattle Freeze said...

Ok, I'm game for your criticism liverfire.

Supernatural is on a Thursday. One Tree Hill is on a Monday. Generally, I'm more busy on Thursdays so I was never able to get into it...One Tree Hill is 'convenient' plus I really do think I'm drawn to the show because of the music...

And...I disagree-your respect didn't go down because of OTH...it was already shot because of my rampant promiscuity.

Or wait...is that the reason you admire me? ;)

plaidr said...

I know that's the reason MOST men admire you...

(j/k) :P

Seattle Freeze said...

Since liverfire's a girl...I'll just assume that goes for most people without a conscious. :P

I'm not sure you ARE kidding plaidr...but...I do admit that you would know. ;)

plaidr said...

I was kidding - honest.
Just feeling frisky today I guess!

...and I emphasized the wrong word, sorry. I meant, "that's why most MEN like you"

Seattle Freeze said...

Touche' ;)

liverfire said...

When did I ever say I admired you? Ha, if anything it's the other way around. Plus, I don't think you are ever random!

liverfire said...

http://www.jensenacklesfans.com/gallery/albums/promo/sn/season4/stills/402/hq_sn402_10.jpg
How could you not make time for this guy? He's cuter than um some guys...and he'll never let you down, so to speak, anyway, he's hot.

Seattle Freeze said...

Oh...no one said I couldn't make time for him-he's pretty fantastic. ;)