5.20.2009

My Media Player, VII

I realized yesterday that I never gave my readers a very important link! I know that you won't be running to the music store to buy any of the Media Player submissions that I post (or pirating them instantly...you know who you are!)-you probably want to check the music out FREE first, right?!

In that case, feel free to check out most all of my contributions on IMEEM before you trip over yourself getting to the door.
You have to sign up (just email/password stuff) and they will send you a confirmation email, click it.
At the top R hand corner, click 'skip and add friends' then 'skip to favorite artists' then 'complete signup', then 'no thanks, go to home'. I promise (PROMISE) that you won't get spam email from this (but...if you're worried, just use a junk email account-you know you have one!).

Now you're ready to stream my favs!!! For FREE!!! Check it out!

Emerson Hart - Cigarettes and Gasoline
Website.
I ran across this guy in my search for artists this week and he sort of reminds me of the country band, Emerson Drive (even more cool that they have similar names). Even though I don't like country, I like ED specifically because of a song on their first album called 'Fall Into Me'. Emerson Hart is not considered 'country' (in case you were worried) but check out the song 'If You're Gonna Leave'...it's a good sound. Dropping Daylight - Brace Yourself
Website.
I was looking for a band with a similar sound to Thriving Ivory (one of my new favorites) and heard the title song on this album...not only do I love the tunes but the words were exactly what I needed at that precise moment (plus who doesn't like lyrics that say 'go fuck yourself, I'm breaking out'?). I promise there's more to it than that though...it hit home for me.
Check out the full lyrics here! One Less Reason - A Lifetime Burning
Myspace.
This is similar to the above artist but with more of a 'garage' feel.

2 comments:

plaidr said...

"I like ED specifically because of..."

-I have a feeling you don't like "ED" as much as you claim!

;)

Seattle Freeze said...

You are correct...yet again. ;)

In fact, the opposite suits me very well.