5.27.2009

My Media Player, VIII

Massive Attack - Collected
Myspace.
A friend of mine told me about this band and, although one of their songs is the theme song to my favorite TV show (House), I didn't know the band! Listen to 'Teardrop', the song from House! 30 Seconds to Mars - A Beautiful Lie
Website.
I've liked 30 Seconds for quite a while now, well...at least since I found out that the lead singer is Jared Leto-you know, this guy. He played Jordan Catalano on 'My So-Called Life' with Claire Danes? Also saw his hot bod in Fight Club and Alexander? Yeah, him....remember?
You know...that pic is so good, I think I've found new wallpaper. ;) Lady Antebellum - Lady Antebellum
Website.
Ok, you're probably just as shocked as I am about this submission and please forgive me for breaking out of the 'box' I've packaged myself in.
Yes, it's a country album. Yes, there's a bit of 'twang'. Yes, there's a reason I'm requesting you listen.
LA partnered with Brita, the water filtration company, to encourage people to drink filtered water and reduce bottled water waste-which is a great, great, great cause! I won't go into it here but, please read more. The campaign is called Filter For Good.
Not only that, but their single on this album, 'Run To You' has the underlying message of 'paying it forward'-something I feel we all lack.

6 comments:

Ranger255 said...

Hmmm. I'll bet whoever you're friend is that turned you on to Massive Attack is an extremely cool guy. You should buy him all kinds of gifts and stuff!

Seattle Freeze said...

Oh...well, I had another plan as to how I was going to thank him but I guess your way is cool too. ;)

I'll let him know it was your idea. :P

ranger255 said...

Well; if you're way is more fun, then you should go ahead and run with that. Do him a favor and DON'T listen to me. :0)

Seattle Freeze said...

No, no Ranger...I think you're on to something....
There's no proof that he would've liked what I was going to offer anyway. :P
I think I'll give him the rest of this bag of Twizzlers instead. Yeah, that should do it...

ranger255 said...

Twizzlers! That's kind of pinner don't you think? I was thinking more along the lines of like a snap bracelet or a rubix cube. Something from the heart ya know?

Seattle Freeze said...

Whoa, whoa...

Snap bracelet? I hardly even know you!

;)