3.11.2009

Hey! Watch it!

I've been having a hard time lately finding topics to blog about which means 1 of 2 things:
My life is extremely lame.
or
I've been content lately.

But...yesterday I did almost get run off the road so I'll tell you about a few of my pet peeves (lucky you). :P

First things first-I will never say that I'm a 'good' driver. I love to drive, I love to drive fast but I try to abide by most of the traffic laws....mostly. Yesterday I was driving on I5 at about 60 mph (the speed limit) and following this lady who was having a hard time staying in her lane. I assumed she was texting or on the phone or something.
Well, she eventually merged into the right lane and I ended up beside her. She, then, proceeded to NOT drive in her own lane and swerved (yes, swerved) towards me quickly at one point. I swerved the other way so she wouldn't hit me and you know that feeling when you try to correct yourself and over-correct therefore seeming to lose control of your car? Well, it was pretty scary as I was trying to restore control of my car (realizing that she wasn't even on the phone or texting but just talking to her passenger), trying to be aware of the other cars behind and to the other side of me and cursing at her loudly. She knew what had happened too (she threw up her left arm in a semi-shrug). It's not even like this lady was really young or too old (although she was prob about 10 years older than me). Here's your chance guys...(in unison) WOMEN CAN'T DRIVE!
I'll refer to my statement above-I don't drive well but I can mostly stay in my lane and not kill other motorists.
I was really shaken up after this-I took the first ramp I saw and parked in a lot waiting to stop shaking. I was also PISSED!
I called Victoria and vented then walked around Target a bit while my homicidal rage wore off (only slightly kidding at this point). I made it home fine with my car in one piece.
Anyway, another one of my pet peeves are people who DON'T drive the speed limits. I work on Woodinville-Redmond Rd and the speed limit is 45 mph...people rarely go 45 mph. I get so irritated at this when I'm following someone going 25 and running late for work (not that I don't make my own schedule really but...I also like to leave as early as possible).

Other traffic related pet peeves:

People who don't use their blinkers.
People who still have McCain stickers on their cars.
People who don't turn right on red when it's open.
People who don't watch the lights at all!
People who can't merge for the life of them.
People who drive with their blinkers on.
People who have their speakers too loud that you can hear them through closed windows.

Ok...I could go on for hours...I should stop now.

No comments: