3.26.2009

The office gossip

I'm not talking about the TV show either...unfortunately. If I were, this post wouldn't irritate me so much.

I don't like to bring up work in my blog because (as you can imagine), it might come back to haunt me. I'll be careful then and speak...generally.

Think about it-everyone has an 'office gossip'. Someone who can't let a day go by that they're not sticking their fat head into others' business. One person who, above all, could cause drama where there was none to begin with. There's one in my office...within close proximity. And no...it's not me. If you know me at all, you'll know I don't give a fuck. Well...I care but I also learn from the mistakes of others. I know the way to gain trust is to be trustworthy. Which, in the office world, means...STAY AWAY FROM OFFICE GOSSIP!

I do this pretty well, I have to admit.

The bad thing about office gossip is...it is rarely ever repeated in true form and could hurt your chances at promotions, salary increases, reputations, trust and the general 'being liked by others'.

Now, I don't care about 'being liked' but I have learned that the more you are 'liked', the more info you receive on a 'this stays within this office'-type situations. ;)

Yes, I play the game very well. I keep my nose clean, don't repeat stuff that could hurt others and I see right through the crap that the 'office gossip'-y types try to pull off as fact.

So this is what I have to say to MY 'office gossip':
I'm a woman too, I've played the game for a while, I know the rules (I helped make them) and I will always be one step ahead of you, in particular, because I know what a guy (ie: the boss) wants and doesn't want. Even though it's our boss, he's still a guy and he still expects the same general thing as your husband or boyfriend. Trust and follow through.
No one likes someone who's overly suspicious-it's not attractive.

PS...I know why the doors are closed but...what fun is the game if I told you straight out? It's much more fun to watch you make a fool of yourself. :)

No comments: