3.16.2009

Run Forest Run

I've been toying with the idea lately of learning how to run. Before you chide me, I'll explain that I actually do know the basics of running (you know...how it works...I've seen it in action).

I used to run in middle school and high school (in track, of course). I remember running my senior year around this big triangle shaped field almost every day after school-it was probably only 1.5 miles though (maybe 2) but I don't know how I lost it. The drive, that is. The initiative. The need to just...go.

I'll also include that I hate working out. No, it's not that I can't or don't do it-I just hate it. I hate gyms, I hate communal water spickets, I hate people who don't clean off their machines when their sweaty asses are done, I hate membership fees, I hate elliptical machines, I hate being confined.
I used to love to run...and I was good at it (or so I remember).

I digress, I want to start running. I found a great website recently that might help me - coolrunning.com. I'm not trying for a marathon-I just know I can't handle the wretched smell of any more gyms and I've been feeling a bit lazy. I've got to fix that little problem and soon.

I guess as soon as the weather clears, it'll be easier to go hike but...I think this will help the 'in the meantime' thing I'm having trouble with. Plus!!! I'll still get to be outside!

After I get into it a bit...it's a free for all! Join me! But, I'm not sure when or if I'll ever be able to run around Greenlake. But...here's to hoping!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember your knees? Make sure, if you do start , you pay attention to what your knees are telling you! That made me sound like a total dorky bodyworker...

Seattle Freeze said...

Yes, yes it did but I appreciate it anyway. ;)

I know, I know...but I don't seem to remember having so much trouble with my knees in HS.