3.11.2009

Sex Chips

No, this is not some new kind of freaky new food-it's a freaky new kind of way to be sexually stimulated. Which, by the way, could be the one scientific invention I keep my eye on (can anyone say 'research study participant'?).
"Scientists in the UK are working on methods to stimulate the brain, specifically in the orbitofrontal cortex, the part of the brain that feels pleasure from eating and sex. According to The Telegraph, implantation of a chip into that area of the brain is expected to result in increased sexual pleasure. Previous studies in one woman with very low sex drive becoming one with a very active sexual appetite.
Using this chip technology, deep brain stimulation may be used to revive or enhance areas of the brain that are lacking. It works by sending tiny shocks from implanted electrodes in the brain. This is already done for Parkinson's disease, and it would appear now that researchers are looking to do the same for pleasure enhancement. Even better, scientists believe it may be able to work on an electric switch to be used as needed."
Full story here.

Not that I need any help...but that would be TMI, right? ;)

2 comments:

MGD said...

Sweet, if I could get one of those, it would make women totally useless.

Seattle Freeze said...

Yeah, I guess I could say that too except-who would take the garbage out?

:( Too bad that I like the hot, sweaty, physical contact so much. Unless, of course, I installed a sauna. ;)